SUNAINA SAMRIDDHI FOUNDATION – A Leading Training Partner , PMKVY , ESDM
#9 Gem & Jewellery Skill Council of India (GJSCI)
Gem and Jewellery Skill Council Of India , GJSCI
Gem and Jewellery industry currently employing 4.5 million and as per survey by NSDC and ICRA, there will be requirement of additional 4 million people in next 10 years. In the Gem & Jewellery Industry four major bodies have joined hands to formulate the Gem & Jewellery Skill Council of India (GJSCI).
The founder organizations that have helped create the GJSCI are:
- The Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC)
- The All India Gems and Jewellery Trade Federation (GJF)
- The SEEPZ Gems & Jewellery Manufacturers Association (SGJMA) and
- The Jewellers Association Jaipur.
Gem and Jewellery Skill Council Of India (GJSCI) | At Glance
The roles and responsibilities of the GJSCI are:
- Identification of skill development needs in the Gem and Jewellery sector in India
- Preparing a catalogue of types of skills needed in the Jewellery industry.
- Preparing a skill development plan for the Gem and Jewellery sector.
- Determining skills/competency standards and qualifications.
- Affiliation and accreditation process of the institutes imparting training in the Gem and Jewellery industry.
- Participation in examination and certification of individuals undergoing training.
- Planning and execution of Train the trainer programs.
- Establishing Academies of Excellence in the sector.
- Establishment of a well-structured sector specific Labour Market Information System (LMIS) to assist planning and delivery of training
Address : Gem & Jewellery Skill Council of India, Business Facilitation Centre, 3rd Floor Seepz Special Economic Zone. Andheri (E). Mumbai 400 096.
Website : www.gjsci.org
Like this post? Comment here!! Or have something to share? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org