Swine flu (H1N1 virus)- A rising Epidemic
Swine flu is making tolls in the whole country, spreading like an epidemic & causing unrest among the citizens. But the question is how we can act on our daily basis so that it will not become a mass epidemic for our country.
We are a densely populated country with need of cleanliness & hygiene at every corner, any smallest infection can easily flourish in this situation. Yes it is government’s responsibility to give us a healthy environment, hygiene & proper medications for all but government can’t reach door to door. We must be socially aware about how we can win over this. And our responsibility doesn’t end up there, we must spread awareness among the people with whom we are in frequent contact.
Even every Indian kitchen has some ingredients which can easily help us to boost our immunity & avoid this flu. And with this objective we here list symptoms of this disease, precautions & cure to be taken & ingredients of Indian kitchen to avoid this flu.
Precaution is better than cure : Swine Flu | H1N1
- Cough and cold
- Sneezing and running nose is common
- Unexpected Cough
- High fever (>100 F)
- Fatigue and headache
- Body aches
- Sore problems
- Diarrhea and Vomiting
Precautions & Cure
- Stay Home: Swine flu symptoms may mimic those of regular flu and cold symptoms, if you have common cold better to avoid school, public gathering, offices etc.
- Wash Hands Frequently: use Hand Sanitizer
- Public Facilities: avoid as much as possible
- Clean Your Produce: buy locally grown fruits and vegetables if possible. Make sure you wash your fruits and vegetables with water, and soak for greater effectiveness
- Avoid Crowds: Stay out of crowds as much as possible
- Eating and Drinking: Do not eat or drink after others without complete sanitization of containers or utensils.
- Visit Your Doctor: Consult doctor immediately if cough and cold prevails for long duration. Infected person must visit doctor without hesitation & Anti-flu medications should start after consultation with Doctor.
- Vaccinations: Vaccinations are not effective against the H1N1 virus. If you contract the virus get to the doctor within 36 hours and ask for Tamiflu or Relenza. These antiviral medicines will halt the progression of H1N1 or Swine flu virus.
- Drinking plenty of water is recommended.
- Covering the mouth and nose while coughing and sneezing.
- Used mask while going close to the infected person, Surface sanitization is also important.
- Keep at least 6 feet gap from person sneezing or suffering from bad cough as germs in air can infect you.
- Be cautious while touching or using unhygienic public facilities like toilets, roadside food
Always remember prevention is better than cure, so try to avoid any contact with the virus.
Common Ingredients of Indian Kitchen
- Garlic: from our ancient times garlic is the most important ingredient which is known to be the booster of immune system. Recent studies shows that One clove contains 5 mg of calcium, 12 mg of potassium, and more than 100 sulfuric compounds — powerful enough to wipe out bacteria and infection. Hence eating one clove of raw garlic keeps you away from flu infections.
- Turmeric: In India known as “Haldi” is the most commonly used & known spice for curing infections & cold. Contains many bio active compounds with proven medicinal properties. It is proved to increase the antioxidant capacity of the body & ultimately results in enhancing the immunity of the body
- Black pepper: Black pepper is an excellent source of manganese and vitamin K, a very good source of copper and dietary fiber, and a good source of iron, chromium, and calcium. Black pepper is not a commonly allergenic food and is not known to contain measurable amounts of oxalates or purines. as demonstrated impressive antioxidant and antibacterial effects
- Cinnamon: popolaryl known to lower the sugar level & to cure diabeters it is also proved to fight against Fungal infections -according to the National Institutes of Health , cinnamaldehyde – a chemical found in Cassia cinnamon – can help fight against bacterial and fungal infections.
- Cloves: known to have antioxidant, anti-septic, local anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, rubefacient (warming and soothing), carminative and anti-flatulent properties, this spice is a good source of vitamin-K, vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), thiamin (vitamin B-1),vitamin-Cand riboflavin. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- Ginger: Reduce Inflammation of the colon, Muscle pain caused by exercise: daily, reduce blood pressure, boosts immune system against infectious diseases, effective against cold & cough
- Fenugreek: used as home remedy for balancing cholesterol, treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar levels, natural cure for heartburn and acid reflux and as home remedy for fever and hence helps in curing fever & cold disease
- Ajwain: Beat indigestion and flatulence, Relieves cough and asthma and many other proved medicinal properties. It cures from cough & sneezing, running nose & hence helps in curing mild cold.
Stay safe & Stay healthy
Like this post? Comment here !! Or have something to share? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org