Here is the recipe of best five healthy snacks which can replace these junk foods & your kid will love them too. And yes with very less effort. So try them out-
Boiled red beans, slices of brown bread, a little cheese, & lots of green vegetables, this sandwich not only crave the hunger of your child but also provide them lots of nutrition
Ingredients: Brown bread, Onion, Ginger – finely chopped, Green chilli or chilli powder, Rajma /kidney beans -cooked, Pepper powder to taste, Salt needed
Butter for toasting the bread
Preparation: Wash and soak rajma overnight or for 6-7 hours and pressure cook until soft. After it cools, grind it to a coarse paste. Keep this paste ready.
Method – Filling for the sandwich
Heat 2 tsp of oil, add cumin seeds, when it splutters, add finely chopped onions, green chillies, ginger and saute until onions turn transparent. Add the ground rajma, needed salt, pepper powder and mix it well.
How to prepare sandwich toast:
• Butter both sides of the bread,
• place 1-2 tbsp of the rajma filling and cover it with buttered bread.
• Place it in a sandwich toaster and toast until golden brown.
• If you do not have a sandwich toaster, use a tawa to toast the bread.
Bhelpuri is a delicious snack which every child loves. You can vary its taste as per the likes of your child. it keeps them full & is light in fats with loads of nutrients
Ingredients: Puffed Rice (Kurmura) , chopped Tomato, Onion, Coriander Leaves, boiled and mashed Potato, Green Chilli, Garam Masala , Tamarind (Imli) Chutney, Mint Chutney, Nimkis, Sev, Gol gappas , Lemon (Nimbu) Juice
How to make bhel puri:
• Mix the puffed rice, tomatoes, onions.
• Drain the water from the grated potatoes and mix that as well.
• Mix all the ingredients under seasoning and add to this.
• Lightly crush and add the nimkis and golgappas.
• Add the sev and kaara pusa directly and mix well.
• Finally garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
• Serve immediately.
This snack is made from flattened rice with peas. This is a best tea time snack with good health benefits..
Ingredients: Beaten rice, Chura, Peas, Onion, Vegetable oil, Mustard oil, Amchoor, Salt – to taste, Green chilli
How to make Chura matar:
• Heat the vegetable oil in a kadhai on high flame.
• When hot, set flame to medium and slide the chura into it.
• Keep stirring continuously till the chuda begins to turn golden (around 5 minutes). Switch off the flame and mix salt.
• In a non-stick pan, heat mustard oil. Put in the green chilli pieces. When they begin to turn color put in the peas and cook on low flame for around 5 minutes.
• Mix amchoor powder, salt and cook for another couple of minutes.
• In a bowl, put in equal quantities of chura bhuja and peas.
Chana chaat – a quick brunch, a quick snack is healthy & enough to fill evening hunger of our kids.
It is very quick to make. Let’s have a look
Ingredients: White Chickpeas / Garbanzo Beans, Onion, Tomato & Green Chillies finely chopped, Chaat Masala, Dry Mango Powder / Aamchur, Red Chilli Powder or as needed, Roasted Cumin Powder, Salt to taste, Lemon Juice. Coriander leaves, finely chopped
• Wash and soak the beans in lot of water overnight.
• Drain water and pressure cook for 3 – 4 whistles with fresh water.
• Drain the excess water from the cooked beans and place them in a wide mixing bowl.
• Add all the ingredients to it and combine well.
• Add more chaat masala or red chilli powder or lemon juice if required.
• Mix well and serve warm with lemon wedges.
Chana veg kabab is a vegetarian kabab delicacy with boiled and mashed chana dal. The dal is mixed with steamed vegetables, whole spice powders, ginger garlic paste, chillies and coriander leaves. The crispy and tasty chana dal kababs make for a lovely snack item and is best paired with mint chutney & no doubt are very healthy.
Ingredients: soaked and cooked chana dal (split bengal gram), boiled and mashed potatoes, grated paneer (cottage cheese), semi cooked green peas, boiled and chopped carrots, cauliflower, onions, green chillies,& coriander, chilli powder, coriander (dhania), garam masala, chaat masala, salt to taste, oil
How to Cook
• Mash the chana dal coarsely and keep aside.
• Combine the potaoes and the remaining vegetables along with the crushed bread slices in a bowl and mix well.
• Add the chana dal and mix well.
• Add the peas and paneer, onions and maida and mix well.
• Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
• Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small kebabs.
• Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the kebabs till they turn golden brown from all the sides.
• Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot.
Like this post? Comment here !! Or have something to share? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org