Ethics, religions, faith, life, prosperity, agriculture each & every drop of Northern Plains is nourished by Ganges. From thousands of years this river is our savior. Indian have believe to solve all their miseries by have bath in Ganges.
The campaign, movement, & policies for saving Ganga are not new, they dates back to 1998, when Smt Rama Rauta, the founder of National Women’s Organization (NWO) under the leadership of Dr. Sushila Nair conceived the necessity to initiate public mobilization based on the principles of non-violence to seek support for Save Ganga Movement – against the pollution of the Ganges and its tributaries. But even after all these long years & will to save Ganga from pollution the results depressed us.
Ganges banks shows the mirror of our activities. Do we really pray Ganges, if so then how it is possible for us to lead it up to this level?
- Are we destroying our faith by ourselves?
- Ganges gives us everything & what are we returning it?
- Tones of household dirt
- Industry waste
- Isn’t our chemical fertilizers, pesticides wash off into the river?
- Our worship leftovers in form of hawan samgiri, other materials daily adds to tonnes of material to Ganges.
This is a proof to our above question that we are destroying our years of prosperity by our own hands.
Today everyone, every news channel, NGO is talking about government initiatives, schemes, expenditure to clean Ganga save Ganga. But what is ground reality? How “Namami Gange” is for Government only?
Is it possible to achieve this goal without the contribution of lakhs of Indians who are dependent on Ganges? Isn’t it the responsibility of each and every member of our society to contribute?
But again a question arises- how can we contribute; our income is only hand to mouth.
Are we really can’t? See below some measures each and every person every household can take & contribute-
- Create awareness among your neighbors, locals about throwing away material in Ganges.
- Generate awareness among farmers for minimize use of harmful chemicals
- If possible then is you come across any industry illegally throwing waste into Ganges or in any way creating harmful impact to our environment report to authorities, & even if it is not possible then contact any activist group, NGO, & share with them
- Never try to throw any harmful substance in river Ganges or its tributaries & create awareness for same
- Plant trees along the banks & nearby zones
- Help or assist authorities in any way you can to achieve this task
- Emphasize more on green technologies & students can work on small projects to reduce the accumulated waste.
- Anyone from any part of society can achieve this. And in real terms this is the Real Worship of Ganges.
“Make Every Effort Count & Achieve Impossible”
There are thousands of ideas & efforts as an active citizen can make, comment your ideas & Yes Lets achieve this.
Comment here or Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org, or contribute@khichdiOnline.com